- Grade 11 listed character property
- Four double bedrooms ( main bedroom with en-suite)
- Ground floor accommodation, music room, hallway, lounge
- Games room, dining kitchen, wash room and guest cloakroom
- First floor, four bedrooms and family bathroom
- Approx 1 acre of gardens with mature trees and shrubs
- Private access lane from new road
- Lovely rural setting with easy access to local amenities
The property was originally built in 1503 and rebuilt in 1675, being the home of the Ingham family up until 1918. The Shaw West is located down a gated driveway which leads to a parking area comfortably large enough for 4 cars. The property is set in one of the areas best rural location, but is still less than a 10 minute drive to Hebden Bridge and Todmorden with their extensive amenities and regular local train services to Manchester and Leeds.
Front Entrance Door
Gives access into the:-
Music Room 17'7' x 14'9' (5.36m x 4.50m)
With solid oak front entrance door. You could not fail to be impressed as the room has many fine features. The most striking is the large working Victorian fireplace and hearth. The ornate wooden surround is excellent with the top panel over the mantle piece. Exposed stonework and a picture rail to one wall. There are inset panels below the windows and the ceiling is divided into sections with delightful plaster work including a motif and other features. Double doors give access to the main hallway.
The hallway gives access to all the main rooms on the ground floor plus the staircase to the first floor. The hallway has a window at one end, overlooking the side garden, which gives a light open feel. At the other end is the solid oak staircase with impressive handrail with carved posts and twisted spindles. Useful under stairs storage space
Lounge 19'8' x 17'1' (5.99m x 5.21m)
Another large and impressive family room boasting a particularly striking original stone fireplace fitted with a modern Clear view Wood Burning stove, Also of interest are the exposed oak floorboards, the Victorian radiators and the wood work and panelling around the mullion windows. The ceiling plaster work is also very appealing.
Games Room / Formal Dining Room 17'9' x 14'11' (5.41m x 4.55m)
Currently used as a dual purpose Formal Dining Room / Games Room, this room has a genteel quality highlighted by the sectional ceiling with excellent and intricate plaster work and the large working marble fireplace. Victorian radiators, large skirting boards and wood panelling around the mullion windows are complimented by the impressive Parquet flooring.
Dining Kitchen 14'9' x 13'0' (4.50m x 3.96m)
Aga range cooker built into what was once a fireplace and set off by the back tiling plus the stone mantle piece and surround complete with their own stone lion head carvings. Solid wood Drew Forsythe hand made units add a touch of class and have been made to fit in with the period feel of the property. The work surfaces are solid marble and incorporate a white Belfast sink unit plus ceramic hob unit and built in fan oven. The floor is black lacquered stone tiles, two windows overlooking the lawn to the side of the house, plus the use of down-lights, makes this a bright room for eating in. Two doors lead off from this room. One is a very useful pantry store room and the other gives access to two utility rooms
Through a door opposite the music room is a small rear hallway giving access out to the rear of the property via double doors. Off this hallway is, to the right, a coal store and, to the left the cloakroom with separate w.c. This room features some excellent period tiling, white suite consisting of wash hand basin and w.c. central heating radiator
The staircase leads up to the first floor. The balustrade around the stairwell also includes the twisted spindles. The landing has Victorian skylights to either end. Access to all first floor rooms is from this landing and includes two large storage cupboards one of which houses the hot water cylinder.
Master Bedroom 19'2' x 12'6' (5.84m x 3.81m)
(The measurements do not include the en-suite or the wardrobes) A large yet warm and lovely bedroom with a large carved Alabaster fireplace, complimented by an antique French Wood Burner. As elsewhere, there are Victorian radiators and mullion windows with panelling to the front affording a delightful view of the gorgeous garden. Doors lead from this room to a valuable Walk-in Wardrobe and access into the:-
The suite consisting of a double shower with glass screen, wash hand basin and low flush w.c. Tiling to the walls, radiator and down lights.
Bedroom Two 15'11' x 14'9' (4.85m x 4.50m)
Very large double bedroom which boasts the usual Antique radiators, wood panelling, mullion windows and plaster covings. The original stone fireplace makes for a striking centrepiece and sits alongside walls of exposed stonework. Original floorboards finish of this delightful room
Bedroom Three 17'5' x 11'6' (5.31m x 3.51m)
Another good size double room with more exposed stone walls and fireplace, mullion, panelling, Victorian radiator and stripped floorboards.
Bedroom Four 13'1' x 10'6' (3.99m x 3.20m)
This room features exposed original oak beams, window overlooking the side garden. There is a built in wardrobe/storage cupboard and a radiator
The richness of the original Victorian wood panelling is complemented by the tiling to give an excellent overall effect. The two-piece suite in white is in keeping and consists of a wash hand basin and bath. The roll-top bath has centre taps and ball feet and includes a shower with a curtain on a brass ring.
A radiator is also fitted.
Fitted with a two piece suite comprising of a wash hand basin and low flush wc
From the gated entrance to the property the driveway curves down to the gravelled area in front of the property giving parking for several cars. There are secluded mature lawns both in front and to the side of the main house with a paved yard to the rear. With approximately an acre of land there is an assortment of mature trees and shrubs with the moors and Stoodley Pike as a backdrop.
From our Hebden Bridge office ? Take the A646 towards Todmorden for approximately two and three-quarter miles. Turn left just after the bus shelter into Shaw Wood Road. Follow this road through the woods up the hill for approximately half a mile then turn sharp right into New Road at the first junction. Proceed up the short hill bending to the left and the gateway to ?The Shaw West? is on the left as the road begins to level out.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER PETER DAVID PROPERTIES NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Property Reference: PDP1004916Property Data powered by StandOut Property Websites
The advertised rental figure does not include fees.